June 27, 2019
Convene | 2001 Market Street | Philadelphia, PA
|8:00 AM||Continental Breakfast / Arrivals
|8:40 AM||Opening Remarks
||Melissa Fromento, Managing Director, MeetingsNet|
|9:00 AM||A Strategic Approach to Risk Management
As an industry, we need to concentrate on being proactive about risk management. We need to learn how to anticipate, prepare, monitor, and respond to risks at events. This session will use the Robson Risk Management Model, case studies, and discussions to give you a better understanding of how to approach risk and develop an emergency action plan.
• Understand the Robson Risk Management Model
• Learn the elements of an effective emergency action plan and be able to apply them to your events
• Be able to effectively assess the risk elements of your event
|Linda Robson, Associate Professor, Endicott College|
|10:15 AM||Refreshment Break
|10:30 AM||The Legal Side of Risk Management for Meetings
Understand the legal standards of due diligence and duty of care, how to transfer risk through contract language and insurance, and ways to strengthen your risk mitigation contract clauses, such as force majeure and indemnification.
• Understand the planner’s responsibilities for due diligence and duty of care
• Develop effective force majeure and indemnification clauses to protect against loss
• Know what to ask the hotel at various stages in the contracting process to identify security issues
|Josh Grimes, Esq., Grimes Law Offices|
|11:30 AM||Bringing Social Media into Your Emergency Action Plan
Whether you’ve got battle scars from past experiences or are currently preparing plans to combat crises, understanding the role of social media is critical. Explore how to use social media communications with attendees and beyond via real-life event examples.
• Explore case studies that use social media communications in crises
• Understand the framework to integrate social media into your crisis communication plan
• Work with your peers to practice responses using social media
|Kelsey Dixon, President, Davies + Dixon|
|1:30 PM||Deep Dive: Creating an Emergency Action Plan
||Linda Robson, Associate Professor, Endicott College|
|2:30 PM||Refreshment Break
|2:45 PM||Everyday Meeting Disasters: What Would You Do?
Sometimes what can go wrong, will go wrong. A panel of experienced meeting professionals share crisis stories and lessons learned, and challenge attendees to consider how their emergency planning can and should come into play.
|4:00 PM||Networking Reception
- ends MAY-9$239MEETING PLANNERSEarly Bird Rate
- $289MEETING PLANNERSStandard Rate
- $995SUPPLIERSNon-Sponsor Rate