March 5, 2019
Convene | 16 W. Adamas Street | Chicago, IL
The MeetingsNet editorial team is currently working on the agenda for Risk360 Chicago. Please stay tuned for more information on the sessions and speakers. If you would like to receive updates on the conference, click here to sign up for updates.
|8:00 AM||Continential Breakfast / Arrivals
|8:40 AM||Opening Remarks
||Melissa Fromento, Managing Director, MeetingsNet|
|9:00 AM||A Strategic Approach to Risk Management
As an industry, we need to concentrate on being proactive about risk management. We need to learn how to anticipate, prepare, monitor, and respond to risks at events. This session will use the Robson Risk Management Model, case studies, and discussions to give you a better understanding of how to approach risk and develop an emergency action plan.
• Understand the Robson Risk Management Model
• Learn the elements of an effective emergency action plan and be able to apply them to your events
• Be able to effectively assess the risk elements of your event
|Linda Robson, Associate Professor, Endicott College|
|10:15 AM||Refreshment Break
|10:30 AM||The Disaster Experience Workshop
Experience tabletop exercises designed to put you in the throes of a real-life disaster situation, as it unfolds. You will make the critical decisions any meetings planner will have to make—and deal with the consequences of those decisions!
• Understand the basic principles of emergency management and how they apply to business continuity planning and effective risk management;
• Experience first-hand the problems that can result from a poorly developed, poorly executed, or non-existent meetings plan;
• Have an opportunity to share personal experiences with colleagues regarding business continuity challenges.
|Bob Mellinger, Founder & President, Attainium Corp.|
|1:30 PM||Protect Yourself: Legal Considerations for Conference Risk Management
In this interactive session, we’ll discuss the legal standards of due diligence as well as duty of care: the duty owed to attendees and hotel guests in the normal course of business as well as in the face of a crisis, emergency, or disaster. Mitigating risk through contract language such as force majeure and indemnification clauses, insurance, and other resources will be discussed, using recent real-world scenarios for illustration. Laws addressing “everyday” risks related to health and safety will be shared along with takeaway resources.
• Determine whether you currently have sufficient risk mitigation measures in place for your meetings, large or small.
• Evaluate force majeure and indemnification clauses to ensure that you are protecting your organization from liability.
• Discuss certain laws with hotel and other partners to maximize health and safety equipment and training available to attendees.
|Tyra Hilliard, CMP, Attorney and Professor, College of Coastal Georgia|
|2:45 PM||Refreshment Break
|3:00 PM||Session TBD
|4:00 PM||Networking Reception
CONFERENCE PASS PRICING
- ENDS FEB-1$239MEETING PLANNERSEarly Bird Rate
- $329MEETING PLANNERSStandard Rate
- $1900SUPPLIERSNon-Sponsor Rate